Saturday, September 09, 2006

A night at the ball park

I went to a Brooklyn Cyclones game in Coney Island last week. The seat were 14 bucks after all the internet up your ass fees, and that's a little much for minor league ball, but it was a nice night, our team won, and there were some fireworks. This was on Labor Day weekend, which is one of those weird little holidays I never really cared about, because I was either in school or I was working. But it does mark the end of summer, and in New York, it does feel like summer is more or less over. We had that big heat wave, had a couple days of rain, and boom, it's over. When I was growing up in the south, it's hot way past Labor day, but ladies aren't supposed to wear white anymore. I never really understood that either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home