Monday, July 24, 2006

A walk to Union Square

I saw this old firehouse as I went on a walk after work. New York built a whole bunch of these old brick Ghostbusters things in the early 1900s, mostly as a way to steal and graft. Kinda like the Port Authority. Ever seen City Hall? This city has been in bed with developers for a long time. Here they are over on the right. I always think about how hard it would be to drive a fire
truck in New York City. Jeez!

The other cool thing I saw today is a really cool fresh fruit and veg farmers market in Union Square. I don't know how long it's been here, since I haven't been to Union Square in a while. But it looks like there is all sorts of stuff going on at this time of year. Ever since I saw "Kids", I always expect to see cute skater girls rolling blunts in Union Square. I should take some photos of people hanging out in Union Square. I think this site is going to be pretty heavy on mobile phone photos, since it's always in my pocket, but I'll try to upload some real pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home